- Contest is open to anyone attending school in New Jersey in the 9th through 12th grade. Entrants under 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
- Submissions must be original and unpublished.
- All entries must follow the rules in this document.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO THE 2023 ICNA CSJ NJ BLACK HISTORY MONTH ESSAY CONTEST
- Each contestant can submit ONLY one entry. Duplicate entries are not accepted
- There is no registration fee for submitting an entry.
- Entries must be typed (or pasted) onto the online form found here: https://bit.ly/csj-nj-contest
- Entries must be no more than 600 words.
- Entries must not include illustrations or pictures.
- Essay submissions will be accepted beginning on February 1 st , 2023.
- The deadline for essay submissions is midnight Feb. 15, 2023.
- Any deviation from these rules could be the basis for disqualification.
- Contest winners will be announced on Monday, February 27, 2023 via a press release, ICNA NJ website and social media post. All entrants will be notified of the winners via email.
- The best entry from each grade category will be awarded either a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, or an Apple iPad.
- The entire text of the overall best entry will be included in a press release announcement.
- Second and third prizes will be awarded for both the 9th grade and 10th grade category and the 11th and 12th grade category. Second prize will be a $200 Amazon gift card and third prize will be a $100 Amazon gift card. Honorable mentions will receive a certificate.
- Please check the FAQ page here.
- Additional questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org .